View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 01:05 AM
AudioGarden21
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Null View Post
I am pretty sure I fixed the problem. Apparently I rolled my face across the keyboard when I was updating my queries and caused a whole mess of issues. I added an error message so next time this happens it will be more apparent.

Null Spell Editor v1.1.10

Null Spell Editor v1.1.10 (No Videos)

Let me know if you have any other issues.
LMAO! Well, I'm restarting my laptop (which runs my server) currently but I will be sure to check it and get back to you as soon as it's done.

EDIT

Congratulations on a job well done Null. You are the frickin' man. Now all you have left is that minor issue we discussed earlier (I don't really care one way or another as long as the function of the program is operable) and you can call this a finished product ready for shipping.

I'm quite excited to have this fix to writing changes to the database because it saves me soooo much time testing spells. Before this fix I had to make the adjustments to the spell I was working on, export it, then use the GeorgeS' Spell IO program, which would take about 1 minute or 2 to finalize. Considering I only want to make a few minor adjustments to a single spell at a time, you can see how that adds up...

With this new version I can bypass all of that completely by just writing the changes and ignoring spells that are already there.

Thank you so much Null. You're a life saver. I've actually put off spell adjustments until this was fixed because I simply dreaded all the time involved in doing so.

Way to go Null, way to go. You're my new hero.

P.S. - Null for President! *throws ticker tape*

EDIT 2

I just tested the "Delete" function and it's still on the fritz. Not that I care because deleting a spell manually isn't a big deal. As long as write changes works, I'm a happy camper. I just thought you'd like to know though.

I also tested "Full Write to Database" and that is functioning beautifully too. It does the full write AND removes spells that were deleted using the "Delete" function which fails to do it's job.

So everything is in pristine order other than the login screen layout and delete function, so once you've addressed those issues you're golden hoss.

P.S. - Your "Full Write to Database" function is probably 100 times faster than Spell IO. It literally takes about 3 seconds. A superior spell editor to anything else I've used.