View Single Post
Old 10-01-2023, 09:55 AM
Tanz
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euno17 View Post
I've been trying for the last few hours to assist a friend in recovering her account and it's been a frustrating process even as an IT guy. She tried to do this herself and it didn't work so she enlisted my help. She knows the account username and email address associated with the two forum accounts that she's trying to access. She associated an gmail email account and an aol account to the two forum accounts in question. Both are seeing the same issue.

First I assisted her by trying to send a 'forgot my password' link. The first email is sent by mailer@eqemulator.net and looks like this:

Both gmail and Aol accounts get this email. Well in clicking the link, of course it directs her to a page on eqemu forums and says a new password will be sent via email. Only the second email never comes to actually reset her password for either email address / account. I waited 30 minutes and had her try again to be sure, this time having the mailer@eqemulator.net email address be whitelisted on both accounts as people have suggested just in-case. Whitelisting did not help. The second email never arrives.

In searching the forums, the mods and others have suggested people use this link to help with account recovery: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/reg...o=requestemail

Neither account is receiving the follow up email to reset the password or the secondary method of account recovery.

Any other suggestions on how she can recover her eqemu forum accounts?

I had to create a new account just to be able to say I also have this issue. The 2nd email never comes, it's not in Spam or anywhere in my email account. The account is essentially frozen now.