Thread: Imperium Server
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2017, 11:50 AM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokey98 View Post
between "# of posts" and a player who hasn't connected with that particular server in a long time, regardless of whom it is, the latter likely has a stronger correlation to 'better' information for players. he made a post saying he liked a server. nothing nefarious or anything in the post whatsoever. why rain on their parade?

i've played that server. it's fun... it's been a long time for me, too. i'd recommend anyone who likes a solo-ish environement to give it a try, for sure. i won't bother giving my reason why i don't play there, because it's arbitrary and n/a, if you don't share the exact same perspective of the game as i do.

AXclassic is another server that got unrightfully marred when someone asked or brought it up in the forums, somewhat recently (for me that means <1 year)... the person said somethign akin to "i don't think it's even maintained." However, if he had just looked at the forums he'd see the owner regularly updates, as much as you can expect from a private server owner... but now anyone who read it may have a false perception of the server, due to misinformation caused by negligence, albeit small potatoes negligence.

also, i think it's reasonable when people outside of pok/hub/non-kos area don't engage much in chatting. myself being one of those types of people. And, on a low-pop server as long as it doesn't get in my way i could really care less if they are auto-botting their toons or anything else. doesn't raise my blood pressure one bit what others do if it doesn't negatively affect me.

the 'drama' can happen at a moments notice online due to teh type of personalities attracted to these games and online forums. even if it's 10% of the people engaged in it, they are a loud 10%. That's the great thing about not being socially invested in a video game, like me... i am impervious to those things ruining my entertainment playing EQ.

lol, arguments in this server forum or that server forum? no idea, never read it :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq-v1TTUyhM