View Single Post
Old 03-25-2017, 08:08 PM
NostalgiaEQ
Banned

Firstly this is a PROBLEM with the peq database you can't argue with that. There is an expansionsetting rule that does nothing since it is disabled on the server. Does that make sense? It is misleading you to believe the setting works when it doesn't because it's companion setting is missing from the database. So if I was cavedude I would fix this problem.

Again even if you know that not all code rule values are in the database this wouldn't be obvious unless you basically have the rule values pretty much memorized and like grumpy, were actively searching through them in the server code for weeks like he was. If he didn't stumble across this it would be broken for virtually all of us for a very long time.

That said no I did not know that all the server rule values weren't in the database. It is pretty normal to assume they are. I'm sure most if not all of you were actually told by someone about this. I have compiled my own server code many times and built my own server from scratch many times and even made edits to my server code and I still never knew this because no I didn't randomly spend lots of time inside 1 out of hundreds of server code files...

So don't hate.