Thread: Custom Servers
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 09:42 PM
sklead
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbeam View Post
I've kind of given up on the whole thing for the most part. Every few months I get the itch and play a bit, but it runs it's course pretty quickly.

The problem for me is:

1) I don't want to use mercs (or bots; how guys parse the difference I do not know).

2) I do not want to box. Period. Even with Macroquest (and if you don't use something like the the /follow command is too much of a pain to play with). I don't want to spend a lot of time setting up macros and the like.

3) The content (or characters) needs to be adjusted so a solo character (though I'd gladly group with others) can do the game solo. You just cannot count on having anyone else around and interested in doing things with you on an EMU.

4) XP and AA rates. Flat out these things do not need to be like live. No one is going to spend years running around an EMU to max out their character. Well most people.
So you're saying an optimal server would be one without mercs or bots, doesn't allow boxing, is geared for soloers, and has increased XP and AA rates? From what I've seen most servers allow bots at least because of the low populations and they don't want to make things easy to solo. Also in regards to custom servers, most people just throw a few custom mobs in a hub zone and label their server as "custom". Maybe it's just me, but when I see that a server is custom I expect more than a hub zone with custom mobs.

Last edited by sklead; 07-12-2014 at 09:47 PM.. Reason: Grammar