View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 10:24 AM
Edgar1898
Former EQEmu Developer
Current EQ2Emu Lead Developer

I'll try to not turn this into a flame, but I would like to point out that the list of opcodes (not opticodes) that you sent me is located in opcodes.conf and even a third grader without l33t hacking skills could get that list by simply opening the file that is included in the minilogin zip.

Next is that doomsday md5 hash that will destroy the world if it fell into the wrong hands. I'm not really sure where you got that, but such a devasting flaw in the fabric of space time does not exist. Minilogin doesnt do anything magical and as pointed out earlier, you can already see what login sends to world and vice versa by viewing the world source code.

Now about the decompiled source code that you sent me. If you are an expert in assembly and can create something useful from that mess go right ahead. That "source" code, looks nothing like the real source code and the likelihood of someone being able to turn it into something more useful while at the same time not be able to create their own login server is extremely remote.