View Single Post
Old 10-24-2018, 01:13 PM
Mizikezap
Fire Beetle

Default Item Desyncronization

Hi, I know there have been multiple threads related to Item Desyncronizations, but I haven't found any that spoke of how to solve it.

Is there a procedure to resolve this issue? Update the database using the database utilities?

I just started playing my private server and had my character flagged as a GM. The item sync occurred before I was level 6 when I placed an arrow into my ammo slot. It placed a coin in the slot and when I logged out, deleted the coin.

I have tried the following to try to get past this.

* I am using one of the arrows I found in the barrels in the tutorial
* Change the status of the character in the Account table to 0 instead of 255 to remove the GM flag
* Add the arrow to the ammo slot after changing the Status value. Still desyncs
* Manually add the arrow to the ammo slot (21) in the database by adding a row in the Inventory table. When the server restarts, it deletes this row
* Create a second server account that is not flagged as a GM account. Restart the server and log into both the Admin and non-admin account by launching 2 instances of the client. Create a new character. Hand this character an arrow and have them place it into ammo slot. The bug persists

I have summoned some items using the GM summon ability. I thought this might be the problem, but it persists across to the new account where no items have been summoned. I am willing to purge my Inventory table since I've only played a couple of hours. But if this could happen in the future I'd like a process that doesn't require me to blow away all my Inventory