View Single Post
Old 11-21-2004, 11:32 PM
Speedz
Hill Giant

Well, I tried my hand at a server, going it alone...

Was working great, with one exception at first....I was learning EQEmu as I went. Tho it was rough, I was getting it rather well.

I even went so far as to start creating a world totally unlike EQ.

I had a few zones, a different loot table, a start of a quest system.....etc... so on and so on.

But, one thing went very wrong.

The system I did all my EQ stuff on decided to be all bugged out, couldn't get connected to anything EQ.

So in the spirit of things...(and weeks of trying desperatly to revive my connectability) I said hell with it. and a big FDISK happened.

So a few things that could be missing from this guide are:

The server OP (you) need to be patient.

And the one area I totally messed up in (as I was home hosting) Have your "play" machine seperate from your "server and dev" machine. May seem like a no brainer...but I just wonder how many people in any game with server abilities do just what I did and play on the server box.

lastly...Time to actually follow through with your idea.

Sorry I posted this, but I saw (after reading this) that the reasons for my server failing as it were, didn't really fall under any particular area here. But was worth mentioning I think, as a compliment to this great guide.

I in no way have even a dot of experience in EQEmu as Wiz, but hey, I do like what EQEmu is all about and if I didn't care about its health as a community I wouldn't say anything.

Hope my addition does some good also to someone.

Now that I am not working on a server atm, or ever heh, I guess its time to become someone's regular on their server.

Already on Scorp's server, and love it tho don't play much.
And Evo2 looks promising see ya all round

ttfn