View Single Post
Old 04-26-2014, 10:06 PM
Zaela_S
Hill Giant

Added a couple more small things to the download link at the top:

* Weapon Copier - for copying (old) weapon models and textures under new IDs of your choosing, to allow alternate skins etc.
* Info - a mostly useless and woefully incomplete WLD data browser. Mainly for my own benefit; adding different data as it becomes relevant/confusing to me.

Important note about the Weapon Copier: right now it doesn't support weapon models with animation (i.e. particles and things with attack animations like whips and classic Cleric epic). Such models are excluded from the list when you load the .wld. Animation data is fairly complicated compared to simple texture stuff, not helped by the fact that, unlike with mob models, item models reuse data a lot, complicating making completely separate copies a bit. I might work on particles, but on the other hand it may not be worth the effort -- .s3d-based item models are not terribly impressive in the first place. Dunno.

Anyway, the instructions for Weapon Copier are pretty much the same as for Texture Adder, the main difference being that you get to input the new ID number you want your copy to have. (It's up to you to make sure you use a free ID.) Also, because the names of textures items use are not necessarily as consistent as for mob models, when you make a copy a .txt file will be made detailing the source texture files and the new names they will be expected under. For example:

Code:
it335_info.txt
IT174BLADE.BMP -> IT335BLADE.BMP
IT174METAL.BMP -> IT335METAL.BMP
IT174HANDLE.BMP -> IT335HANDLE.BMP
IT174GEM.BMP -> IT335GEM.BMP

Also, fixed a couple potential bugs in Texture Adder.