View Single Post
Old 05-12-2005, 07:33 PM
Darktanion
Sarnak

Default Just curious if you all could lend a hand on this one.

I am using the phpMyAdmin and finally got it up and running properly on my own web server page. I want to know a few things about this spawning of mobs. But first a statement lol. I went into the db and pulled up the spawns and wanted to add a_wyvern_hatchling to podisease. When I added it to podisease it popped as a shrunken human. I have tried new textures didnt do much cept change the clothing the npc was wearing. Although its name popped up as a_wyvern_hatchling it still was a npc human. I looked over Sandy's creation method and followed it the number I have for this mob is 124060 and it does not pop a hatchling. I was wondering if the db is not setup like sandys even though it is the PEQ_Velious db?
Some clarification on the numbering system would be nice. I tried to even go in game and use the #findnpctype a_wyvern_hatchling and the number was still set to 124060 and when I used the method #dbspawn 124060 it still came out a human npc figure with the name of a_wyvern_hatchling. Now in the db it is already configured to the settings of bodytype etc. am I suppose to change any of those to make it a flying creature.
Now for the confusing part of this story lol. I decided to try to spawn a goblin scout in podisease and it was still a npc human. Now I was thinking to myself how can this be if there are goblins in halas region. So I zoned over there and tried it there, low and behold it popped normal. What in the world hehe so I am guessing it has something to do with a Table or even the db itself since podisease really isnt set up all the way yet. But the funny thing is Iceberg the polar bear popped in podisease just fine but an Ice Giant was a very large humanoid npc with a viking helm on his head. It has the body size right on everything just not the look of what type it is. Sorry if all this is blabber but I am new to all this and just curious how to get the right mobs that I want in my game in podisease thanks all