View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 01:26 AM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

Did some more work on it today...

- Fixed the bad-Z showstopper, I needed to have OpenZone swap the X and Y coordinates when making .MAP files. While I was at it I added an option to just export the .MAP file without having to export the whole zone. There's also a similar option for just exporting sound info.

- Fixed the texture animation rate bug, this was also an Openzone bug.

- Fixed another OpenZone bug when exporting colors.

- Found a bug when destroying items ingame, I still need to fix it.

- Took a quick look at controlling ambient lighting. What I want to do is specify how much outdoor lighting affects individual objects so I can have outdoor areas respond to sunlight but not indoor areas. I'm not yet sure how best to handle it, but I'll think about it a little more tomorrow.

- The zoning bug is really annoying. Before I release this I want to take a couple of days looking at it to see if it's something easy to fix.

- Skill updates might be broken. I'm not sure yet, but I'm not seeing any notifications about skills improving when I do playtesting. I need to look at it, but hopefully it's something really simple like getting an opcode wrong or something. It was working when I was connecting to my 0.5.5 server, so it can't be all that hard to find.