View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 06:38 AM
TigerFeet
Fire Beetle

Default Noob questions about zones (sorry)

I've been working on a new server based on the peq database and have a couple of really basic questions.

I want my server to be Luclin (with later expansion tinto PoP) and have set the general flag to only this expansion. But ... The database is HUGE. A lot of work has gone into this. I am staggered by the commitment of all those involved with this project.

Noob question 1.
The database has loads of zones from many expansions. Is there a way to "turn off" these zones? Does it matter if they are in the database - do they actually do anything until you zone into them (eg load NPS etc)? Do they use any resources (CPU, memory etc that will lag me out if I don't turn them off?

Noob question 2.
Where are the definitions for zone lines, and where does it say which zone to move into?
I know there are "door" events when you click to enter a zone - but I can't find the place where the "normal" way to zone is stored.

Noob question 3.
I can use a script to cast a spell (eg translocate) on a player. But is there a funtion to move a player to a specific point in any target zone allowed by the NPC script?

Can anyone point me in the right direction please.

Thanks for any help,
Andrew