View Single Post
Old 06-15-2019, 07:41 PM
Stubbay
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomghost View Post
Here is a how to compile your own binaries, but in all honesty, I only know enough to get mine to work after referencing several posts... I actually spent hours getting errors because of PERL until I realized I just needed to re-install PERL
This is actually similar to why I was so frustrated up to the point of creating a thread; spent two days trying to simply get the server up, only to realize I needed to reinstall MariaDB. Then, about 3 hours more, attempting to log into EOC, because the guide (both wiki and forum), had me using a value I shouldn't have, and found the solution to, by accident. So, forgive my first post if it came off as whiny lol.

Thank you for the in-depth reply. This sounds a lot like something i was attempting to follow on the wiki, but with no luck. I'm either using my Command Prompt improperly, or something about it has been changed since the time the wiki page was created... or possibly they're not as familiar with Windows; I did see a reply where one dev said he primarily uses Linux, and wasn't sure about the specifics in Windows.

I'll be attempting this later today, and likely committing it to it's own txt doc, for future reference.