View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 05:32 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelox View Post
Some of those things, like the non stop rain for days, I understood where actually bugs in the client that finally got ironed out. You would actually have to wait for a GM to come in and stop the rain.
I actualy liked the non stop rains - made Wk feel special =)

Quote:
While we're at it, may also want to see about fixing weather so that certain zones can have a chance to rain or snow
aye, I can think of number of palces which qualify for both rain and snow. Stonebrunt Mountains and Dredlands for exmaple.

Perhaps we can make that value of "3" would mean it could both rain and snow with equal chance, "4" would mean its more likely to rain than snow, and "5" that ist more likely to snow than rain

And as mentioned before I distincly remember from LIVE while it was allready raining you would see a message: "The Rain is getting stronger" and intensity of rain woudl increase and visibility drop even more. Same thing for snow - you could see a light snow fall at first for 20-30 min and then it would change into strong snowstorm with very short visibility

and I guess we will need an extra collumn to set up a % chance for rain/weather to start and continue. So let say we have Wk set to 65% chance of rain. Then every 15 min (or whatever time intervals set at) it will roll a 65% chance to stat raining. Then after 15 min have passed it will have another 65% chance check to continue raining - in which case rain should get stronger, and so on.