View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 11:53 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Well, with $zoneweather implemented you can use Perl to control the weather. We already had quest::rain(1/0) and quest::snow(1/0) to make it rain or snow, and now with a way to check to see if it is raining, snowing, or not an elementary Perl script can be written up to increase the chance of bad weather. Just make sure it's not raining/snowing, then acquire a number from the random generator (use that to specify the chance), then if the number is one you like, have it rain/snow. Set the whole thing on a timer with the time period of your choosing I could be wrong, but quest::snow(1) might also be able to make it snow in zones set to rain, and vice versa. That'll need to be tested. Likewise, it's plausible that you can set the weather column of a zone to 0 so that it doesn't rain/snow and use Perl to completely control the chance. Again, that'll need to be tested.

As much as I am on the Live Like mission, I feel stuff like this shouldn't be hardcoded because Perl is perfectly capable of handling it. Perl gives the OP freedom to do as they wish. Perhaps they want the weather to have a better chance of being clear at night, or perhaps a certain NPC in the zone increases or increases the risk of rain, etc.