View Single Post
Old 09-18-2005, 12:28 PM
Dakaar
Sarnak

The biggest thing that perplexes me.

Is when I kill another character, their corpse briefly appears before it fades away, and if i try to loot during this period, the server crashes.

Having a hell of a time trying to figure out whats wrong.
One thing I notice is that corpse::corpse() constructor changed, but everything else seems practically identical!

SetPKItem() just changes a single variable directly ... its a one line function so I doubt thats it...

CorpseDecayTimer.Disabled is used instead of set to 0 in the new code, might have something to do with it, as thats exactly what the corpse does, is instantly decay, as far as the client can see.

Does SendCorpsesBulkZone crash because in Client:eath the app packet does nto get deleted before a new one is sent?

Someone should try SendZoneCorpses() instead and see if it works!

UPDATE: SendZoneCorpse() to the corpse player makes it so that if you quickly loot before teh 'corpse' disappears, the server wont crash,so thats progress.

When I tried looting, I got an error the "LOOTING FOOKED3", and that is only displayed when the corpse object is not a corpse(or is null), soo i think its more of the wrong corpse being looted!

SendZoneCorpse(other); doesnt seem to do anything..

one thing i notice, is if the client isnt grouped, he doesnt get permission to loot corpse?

Last edited by Dakaar; 09-19-2005 at 03:06 AM..