View Single Post
Old 10-08-2015, 03:00 PM
mgellan
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by image View Post
Lol for the hate for older clients, the trilogy client is not compatible with the new netcode anyway, any sort of support for trilogy would require a lot of modification.

Sounds like there are a lot of conflicting interests in this post anyhow I don't see much agreement.
Since Milestone 1 is Classic, no matter what you're using a newer client. I actually tried to get Classic working from my original CD and couldn't get it working in anything newer than Win98SE, and my attempts to set up a VM with 3D support under Win98SE failed, the oldest Windoze with the right drivers is XP which doesn't support the old DirectX. Although thinking about it it might work under WINE!

To me there's some solid justification in using Titanium, since it works in modern OSs, and will likely do so for some time. Also, as I understand it zones like Highpass are hard coded to be the revamped zones in newer clients so there's no way to get a classic HP unless you use an older client. Happy to be corrected on this!

Also with DBG recognizing/supporting P99, I feel a downloadable Titanium client seems the most likely scenario for getting a fully legal licensed version of EQ so the barrier to entry for EQEMU is substantially lowered.

Finally with Titanium, there's a lot less crap to disable!

Regards,
Mg