View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 11:48 PM
egerha8815k
Fire Beetle

I decided to quit hosting it for a few reasons, but I am not the one who pulled the plug on it. I agreed to contonue hosting until other arrangements were worked out.

I never actually played there as a toon ( except back in 2007 i got to lvl 14 then joined Daxum and Richardo as a staff member )

Alot of bad things happened, such as members of staff getting their emails hacked and social security numbers stolen along with credit card numbers etc.

I pretty much got fed up with the hackers a few months back, tried to bust some heads but other staff already knew about them and were working out some sort of deal with the hackers to find out how they were doing it and fix it, then let them stay. I am cool with that policy of cooperation, but I was not informed of the collaboration. Basicly I was kept in the dark, went off on the cheater, and got fed up with the lack of communication and left.

I got up today and check the forums around 2pm and found out the server was killed last night, turned on the server screen, and read the note from Searyx explaining he took the server down and I was pretty much right about the playerbase.

The bottom line? Dont shit where you eat, especially if the meal is provided free of charge.

And as for other PvP projects such as bane of life, I honestly wish you well. You can say that I held this and that hostage and never bought a battery backup for the server and yada yada, but you are wrong. Wonderful conspiracy theories there, you were made for each other. Sorry you hated Daxum so much, but he left the project long ago.