Thread: eqstr_us.txt
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 07:23 PM
neiv2
Hill Giant

So, what I'm hearing you say is that there is no validation of characters for each line, and in theory I should be able to change the 'Entering [zone]" text that appears while zoning simply by changing the string next to the numbered reference for that zone. That makes sense of the numbering system at the beginning of each line.

Yet I just attempted to change line 2303 (Felwithe) to another name, in both eqstr_us.txt and eqstr_en.txt, and upon reaching the character select screen I receive the following message: [5 ERROR: String not found. (1530)]. I'm concluding the first number in the brackets is simply the character level since that number changes when I select another character. The error number itself (1530) also changes, but I cannot map it to anything. Selecting some characters produces error 1530, others 1502, 1542, or 1558. The difference is not due to zone since some characters in the same zone have different numbers while others in different zones have the same number.

Any suggestions on what's going on here and how I might be able to change these zone references?