View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 01:29 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windcatcher View Post
That's good to know. I've finished my arena zone, at least enough that it's usable, and I've updated Peshara Highlands so you can get to the arena. One question I have is, is a tutorial zone necessary? In other words, when you create a character, does the server automatically send you to whatever zone is the tutorial zone, regardless of the start_zones value for that race/class combo? I can throw together a tiny tutorial zone, but I'm wondering if I need to. That said, if I have to create one, is there some special way of handling exiting from the tutorial zone so that the server knows to route the character to the correct starting zone?

As a side note, one benefit of making this arena zone is that I had to add several new features to OpenZone, such as greater control over individual polygons (especially vertex normals). In my opinion, the arena zone is quite stunning.
You can disable it entirely afaik in the rule_values table. Tutorialbutton or something like that. You'd have to look through it all.

As for the rest, i'm looking forward to seeing the arena zone!