View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 11:27 AM
Township EQ
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingly_Krab View Post
I guess if you're wanting your content to scale based around the player you can do it that way, but the way you're currently doing it can be done in the database then manipulated by Akkadius' scaling script; therefore, this is unnecessary without a scaling factor determining the level of the mobs. For example, if I were to go in Crushbone, I have a level of 1 on a mob, a max level of 5 on the same mob, he'll go between 1 and 5 and scale based upon the database scale rate, and if I have Akkadius' script, he'll scale with that. Now I could make it to where it checks the version of the zone and pulls the average level of a group in order to scale the zone to their specifications, but I don't see the necessity of scaling it based upon the level of the people in a group, with that you would only need one zone for content if they scaled based upon level, scaled through Akkadius' script, then had loot added to them according to level.
Then you're welcome to make your content that way man.. I can set an if check for the name "orc" and put in 1 and 5 to this and if I test it out and 1-5 isn't what I want i literally change the 5 to a different number. If you do it your way you're changing every entry of each different npc type that's an orc.. Which way is more practical?

The whole group thing was an example I used of what you can easily do with this. You using it or not is up to you lol.