View Single Post
Old 03-23-2018, 10:26 PM
Tegila
Hill Giant

Thanks Uleat.

The first question was really hoping someone know what all are "modern" eq..i.e. make use of the full RoF install preferably, where most of what I saw seemed to be expacs from before I even started playing (latebloomer, my first toon was made Aug 15, 2007 lol, and I last played on CotF Beta server) and pretty much vanilla. I don't want/need any special rules etc, though extra xp and a trading system is nice, i don't need it. Just looking for normal, or only mildly enhanced, modern pve eq. no special rules no progressoin lock no box restrictions or the nerfing that I heard came about shortly after I quit (i'm guessing the swarm/hs nerf not an issue as they were post-rof though). Oh, and for the most part is the housing system fully in tact on the servers? I used to have almost 100 houseplots built up and half a dozen big guild halls. I liked to lego my eq lol, so i'm wondering if housing is avail, and if housing items that used to be in teh sc store, or similar, are avail. If anyone could help with this it'd be great. Picking a server to just be..me, myself, and I on lol, without learning new rules or losing out on half my enjoyment etc. Maybe there's a server-explorer out there that can help me?

I still have at least 5 different copies of eq Live, several of test, etc, and a folder for every toon I ever made with their ui/settings files lol. I keep backups of everythign EQ even if I don't play for years. I do have the supported releases as well, as when I bought my PC Shop it came with a whole shelf of old EQ discs...half of which were SoF lol, but i have the correct rof as well so that's not an issue.

So with the LAN server, it can be completely played offline if I set it up right? We have such a tiny cap (15gb a month traffic, gone in under a week) if i hosted a server it could only ever be open to public during our "free" bandwidth late at night. I miss EQ a ton, but I know the guys of the house are missing gaming they used to do and can't now, and I think they'd be happy playing an "online" game offline if it's possible, even if it's not brand new If i did make a lan server and bypass the loging, the other people would or wouldnt have to still make an accoutn first, to hold their charinfo etc ? I'd assume that'd be stored serverside, but if the server does go online/public even just late at night, i'd think it all needs to be kosher.

backups not an issue though lol..I have a folder backup of each toon's ui/settings and housing plots etc i ever made stashed in at least 2 places, and that's just the settings. Even 5 years later, I still have multiple backups of everything EQ lol, and while I have the raw rof2 client, i also have half a dozen sealed copies of SoF from my PC Shop days lol. Last expansion ever released on disc /sigh.