View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 11:36 PM
knowom
Discordant

I'm not sure if I'll keep that stairway ledge in the previous screen shot. In part simply because I kind of made a better one I feel in the next section over that I think feels more natural to me.

Anyway latest screenshot update that's it for tonight.

Long winded side note) I had mentioned Guk Bottom has 31,391 faces & Temple of Veeshan has 30,971 faces. Currently Legend of Evercrack is sitting 30,188 faces though I'm estimating it to be about 35,000-40,000 by the time it's done with all the 3D extrusions as far as I can tell that is. So I tried to find a better benchmark zone to go by that pushes limits a bit more Plane of Nightmare seemed decent enough it's rather enormous in size. So exported it to .OJB and imported it into Blender. Anyway PoN has 286,960 faces that's a bit over 9 times Guk Bottom or Temple of Veeshan yikes! Long story short I likely don't have to worry to much about making to large or complex a zone. I could probably mirror design 4 times over like I had in mind and keep it a single zone yet still have less than half as many faces as PoN.