View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 03:56 AM
i1010101
Fire Beetle

Default rule_values questions

Hello. I've been looking through the rule_values entries, and I've got a few questions. Hoping someone can be so kind as to clarify these for me. I should start by stating that I'm using the most recent PEQ database.

I see that Character:RestRegenPercent is set to 0. That would seem to indicate that sitting down and resting doesn't actually increase regen rate using this database's default. Is that correct? And whether or not that is the case, how does increasing this value correlate to what I'll see in-game? Does it stack on top of normal regen (i.e. I set it to 10 and I regen at 110% of normal?) Or maybe 0 uses a "code-default" value and the number here adds on? I'm obviously confused...

I also see that Character:RestRegenTimeToActivate is set to 30000 and the note attached to it indicates that it is a value in seconds. So that's 500 minutes? Worried I'm horribly confused on this.

Related to experience gain, I see that all the values are less than one for those rules. Are these values "live-like"?

In general, I was under the impression that the PEQ database is intended to be as close to live-like as possible. So I guess in the vaguest way of stating it, are ALL the rule_values entries in the PEQ database pretty live-like?

I ask all of this because I've decided to tweak a database for lan play that might be a little more forgiving to those who'll be playing (reduced downtime between fights being a huge consideration as of right now; downtime is not overly fun and it seems like it's longer than I remember from live when I was last on there).

Thanks so much for any responses. I really do appreciate it.