View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 01:10 PM
jdklaw
Fire Beetle

Default Working now!

Ok...

So, I never gave UP!

I ended up deleting the game completely, including all of the regedit info on Everquest. I then followed the resolution instructions located in the EQEmuFAQ:
When I try to open EQ, the window blinks black and then closes and I get an error, but EQ never even starts.
Most likely you are having a resolution or drivers issue. Try adjusting your EQ or Desktop Resolutions or updating your video drivers. It may just be that EQ is trying to start in a resolution that it does not support. If setting your desktop to 1024X768 does not work, then you may need to set it in your eqclient.ini. There should be a file named OptionsEditor.exe in your Everquest folder. Open that program and set your resolution to 1024X768 and see if that helps. If not, run it again and try other resolutions. Once you have it working, you should be able to adjust your resolution from in game and then /camp out to save the new settings.
After this, the game works fine. I believe the problem I was having was that my laptop's recommended setting is 1366x768 and the game only supports 1360x768. This was my resolution error. I had also changed the res settings in the eqclient.ini file and this stopped the game from loading windowed and it would just load into full screen with the unsupported resolution and crash.

Just in time for Thanksgiving, thanks for all of the help!

jdklaw