View Single Post
Old 11-22-2017, 12:40 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
If I shut down the VM, the host machine gets 16GB of memory back under the performance tab. It seems pretty obvious that the VM is reserving 16GB of memory from the host simply because it is allowed to use it, whether it needs it or not.
You need merely < 4GB of memory for the guest if its just you.

Boot 30 dynamics in the launcher and call it a day.

Production servers as a comparison:

PEQ: http://peq.akkadius.com:19999/#menu_...pu;theme=slate

EZ: http://eznp.akkadius.com:19999/#menu...pu;theme=slate

Both servers are using roughly 5GB and they have quite a few processes running and many players on

Quote:
Sorry, I didn't answer the question about the drawbacks of ROF2. I have an underfoot client with an MQ2 build for UF that includes the active hacks you referred to earlier. As a workaround, I could just make all my toons GMs and use #goto instead.
As far as #goto - go to your commands table and set the status for the command to '0' so any of your characters can use it without special gm flags.

Quote:
. I tried leaving it set to EZ, blank, and a number of other things that I thought might make it work with my personal server, but when I run the shortcut to get into the game, the result is always the same.
AutoLogin on EZ's site works if you follow it verbatim - you have to use the build listed and you have to replace the file with the contents on the guide.

To find the server name you look in eqlsPlayerData.ini

Quote:
I noticed the maps were far from complete.
Maps are simply downloaded from a 3rd party source, such as mapfiend

Quote:
There were a number of other things missing (a lot just from the UF MQ2 build) that I found I'd need to come up with alternate methods of doing. In the end, it just seemed like it'd make better sense to continue working on what I'd started before downloading ROF2. I might give it another shot later if there's a persuasive enough reason to go back.
Ultimately whatever you choose to use client use is your preference, 98% of players on EZ/PEQ use ROF2 for a reason. The client is far better in so many ways, but they may not matter to you. I'm simply helping you with your issues

HTH