View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 10:54 PM
devn00b
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
Devn00b, if I wasn't personally against deleting posts, I would probably have deleted that first one you made in this thread.

What concern is the Official LS of yours other than as a competitor to your new Public LS alternative?

By "contacting our current host", I am sure KLS means Doodman. He isn't on a 24X7 contact schedule. The people making the decisions are in the process of figuring out the best possible solution. If that takes a few days or even a couple of weeks to make sure that we get the best solution, then that is perfectly fine with me. There is no reason to make hasty decisions that will be regretted later.

Sure, setting up a brand new site with no posts, forums, wiki, LS, etc to move from a previous host is quick and simple, but when you have to move stuff designed around old software and services, it is going to take work and time no matter what. If they have an option to use the current host with nice upgrades, then that would prevent them from having to do the extra work to move it. But, is it even possible to get all of the upgrades necessary to resolve the current issues with the emu, or would we be better off just moving it? Those are some big questions that take time to consider and discuss with multiple people who aren't all on the same schedule. I am sure there are plenty of other things that I didn't even mention that need to be considered.

Yes, there are issues with the current hosting for the Official LS. They will be worked out soon enough, so there isn't any reason to get offensive about it.

I don't think anyone on the EQEmu team has any problem with the new LS by Devn00b and Image, but I also think we are all getting very tired of you putting us down to try to make yourselves look better. There is just no need for it and I am sure it won't be tolerated much longer if it keeps up. We already stated clearly that we don't want your advertisements for your unaffiliated Login Server anywhere other than in Off-Topic where they belong. To keep putting down the official one and mentioning how much better yours is, is essentially a cheap way of advertising for it. So, please stop it.

I am not wanting to start any drama here, but in order to keep the peace, would you please just stop the posts about it completely? If you really must mention or discuss your new LS, please do so in off-topic only. There are already too many threads scattered across the boards in the past few days. It seems like every answer you give has some promo for your LS in it.

Exaggerated a little, but it isn't all that far off-base, sadly :P

Again, I am not trying to start drama here, but in order to stop this before it gets out of hand, I think this needed to be said. BTW, if one of the admin's thinks this post is out-of-line, then feel free to delete it and I apologize.
See trevius, you forget how long I've been here. Ive had to move the site to a new host more times than you can imagine. Im more than familiar with it. The actual move only takes 24hrs, and maybe another 24 to get it setup fully. Don't take me for a fool, or forget who your speaking to. Ive been with this project since almost its inception.

My question was a simple one. She answered, and I thanked her. I dont remember asking you, or even mentioning your name so please stay out of it. I'm not sure what your problem is, I don't really care.

Where in my question did I promote my LS? Again I asked a simple question. No need for your post.
Member of the "I hate devn00b" Club
Most Senior EQEMu Member.

Current Work: EverQuest 2 Emulator. Zeklabs Server