Thread: lag problems
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2019, 05:48 PM
ptarp
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkadius View Post
Just for visibility guys, this is a known issue that we have been working on as of late.

I'll keep you posted when we have an update, I've not had time for my emulator backlog in the past few weeks
I've tinkered with this a bit.. I've gotten ping times to drop down to 350 with 47 in zone by dropping some of the extra database calls that aren't needed in Client::Save(uint8 iCommitNow) function.

Binds are a big one especially now with 5 binds. They don't need saved every loop through client::save, because they are already saved every time they change.

Pets are another problem.. Every time it goes through the loop, pets shouldn't be saved for every toon. Even warriors were getting hit by database.SavePetInfo(this); call. I moved that up 4 lines just above the } else {.

I have also added a Boolean to mine to prevent saving tribute if it hasn't changed, though that call to database.SaveCharacterTribute(this->CharacterID(), &m_pp); could probably be moved right into Client::Handle_OP_TributeUpdate function.

Still weeding some of it out..