View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 03:48 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

For some people who might have a hard time understanding what I am trying to convey with this: This would allow content on a server to be saved and imported to ANY database at any time, it would not have to be reliant on having certain data because all of it would seamlessly transition from import to export.

You cannot simply write SQL queries that fit for any one persons database as there are ID's and things that have to line up correctly.

The point of how this Importer/Exporter would be written is in such a way that the specifics of a database and what ID's it is using doesn't matter as the exporter would fit around their existing ID space like a custom fit glove.

In the end, you could save all kinds of content styles to share with everyone. I'm not sure some people see how HUGE this is, you give other people the chance to use the content you created as inspiration to add on TOP of it and share the result of THAT? Do you have any idea how amazing that is?

I was really hoping I would get more discussion on this topic, because how I envision this is no different than what I am seeing with Landmark EverQuest right now is that everyone is sharing their work so that others can use it and build their own worlds in their own way.

This saves people SO much time customizing their environment for their sandbox and needs.