Thread: 0.6.0 Zone Bugs
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2004, 03:47 PM
Elkay
Hill Giant

Default 0.6.0 Zone Bugs

I'm having problems zoning into some zones, haven't found a pattern yet but will post my findings once I narrow it down. At this point my first guess would be that the zones I have pathing defined in are the onces that are broken (client hangs, Zone.exe never actually crashes).

UPDATE: I was able to fix all of my dead zones by setting the pathgrid to 0 on all spawns that it was not. Any idea what's up with the pathing and if this is a known bug? Not sure if it's related but I do not have any map files, which had not been a problem up until now.

Something else that I just noticed is that my table definitions for grid are not the same as the latest barebones database. My database has the primary key as [id,zone] whereas the barebones database has a primary key of only [id]. My zone column is a smallint(4) unsigned, whereas the column in the barebones database is an int(11) unsigned. Not sure if this is related, but I do know that I cannot remove zone from my primary key as I do have ids that alone are not unique to that table.

UPDATE:

Ok, I think I've found the problem. I have quite a few spawns in the spawn2 table that for whatever the reason have a pathgrid defined that does not exist in the grid table. Putting together an SQL statement right now to try to set those all back to zero. I know this query will work, but MySQL is so damn slow with IN()... can someone provide a more optimized statement than:

UPDATE spawn2 SET pathgrid=0 WHERE pathgrid NOT IN(SELECT id FROM grid)

Nevermind.. that update took half a second to execute.. dunno why sometimes the IN() function works great and other times it runs like shit. Unfortunately, there is still something else wrong here. Whatever is crashing my client with pathing, was not crashing it with 5.7 - 5.9.

UPDATE:

I'm giving up. No matter what I do I can't get any kind of consistency with characters being able to zone, no matter what changes I'm making. Occasionally I can get into a zone, most times I almost get zoned and my client hangs at a black screen, but does not go linkdead until I finally end the eqgame.exe task. Zone.exe console output is as follows:

Bank items:
Shared Bank items:

[Error] HandlePacket() Opcode error: Unexpected packet during CLIENT_CONNECTING:
opcode: 0x037f, size: 0
[Error] HandlePacket() Opcode error: Unexpected packet during CLIENT_CONNECTING:
opcode: 0x0355, size: 4
Unknown opcode: 0x02e9 size:8 Client:Melo
0: 17 01 00 00 40 00 00 00 | ....@...
Unknown opcode: 0x02e9 size:8 Client:Melo
0: 17 01 00 00 80 00 00 00 | ........
Unknown opcode: 0x037b size:12 Client:Melo
0: 17 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 | ............
Unknown opcode: 0x01e5 size:8 Client:Melo
0: 0A 00 00 00 D2 3E 73 7D | .....>s}
Set group id on 'Melo' to 0
Client linkdead: Melo
Dropping client: Process=false, ip=192.168.1.103, port=2101
[Status] Zone Shutdown: podisease (205)

I am patched to EQLive, which ran fine up until now. The last thing I tried for tonight probably, and did work, was removing all the spawns from the zone (just doing a delete on spawn2 for that zone) and it let me in. I'll have to debug that later as I've been working on this and restoring databases so much that I can't see straight.