Thread: Hero's Respite
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 09:26 PM
DreadDev
Fire Beetle

Economy plans for Hero's Respite

One of the main driving forces in development of Hero's Respite is creating content that will generate an economy. I believe a server with mechanics in place to support an economy are the servers that have been most successful and the servers I enjoy the most.

I will outline some of the ways we plan to do that as I have been getting a lot of questions recently about what exactly "creating an economy" means to me and ultimately for the server.

One of the max level features will be the Idsi Training Grounds. This zone will be accessed through an NPC in the hub zone utilizing the following item:

As you can see this item is tradeable, additionally EVERY NPC in the world will have an Ultra Rare chance to drop this item. Making it obtainable at level 1.
This will give every player a chance at getting their foot in the door economy wise and also give max level players an alternative way to farm this item through PP or trading services/other items.

The Ultra Rare items do not stop there. Another max level feature is going to be the "tradeskill" faction NPC's. These NPC's will be the only way to obtain top tier gear. Different slots of gear will be locked behind faction levels. The only way to obtain faction for these NPC's is to turn in the following Ultra Rare world drops to them:

Notice these items are also tradeable and will be dropped globally.

Above I mentioned top tier gear and you may be wondering what the other tiers are and what they have to do with Ultra Rare items and ultimately an economy.
At level 70 you will be able to venture back into the zones you used to level up this time at an increased difficulty. The gear and difficulties both share the following schema:
  • [Basic] (Level Appropriate)
  • [Easy] (Base level 70)
  • [Hard]
  • [Very Hard]
  • [Impossible]
  • [Legendary] (Only obtainable through "tradeskill" factions)

Each zone will have its own "Powersource" with an Ultra Rare chance to drop said "Powersource":

Notice these items are also tradeable.

These powersources will be turned into an NPC in the hub zone to increase the corresponding faction. The rewards for this faction will be weapon ornamentations, matching the weapon models of the mobs in the corresponding zone, at lower factions and additional powerful perks and items at higher factions.

I hope that making these items accessible to all level players and being an Ultra Rare drop rate will create an even playing field for every style of players as well as generate an economy that does not rely on a large population.

I understand I did not touch a lot on WHAT these items will reward you and focused more on what they will do for an economy. If you have any questions about any of the content I am working on feel free to drop a line here on this thread or join our discord at https://discord.gg/mWsRBzP