View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 08:15 AM
Torven
Sarnak

I've made some recent discoveries that invalidate my last post. I jumped to a conclusion with insufficient evidence.

The reason why those AoEs hit high resist characters is not due to a resist adjust, it's because field 'unknown191' (what allakhazam labels it) is a maximum effective resist value. So Dragon Roar, Lava Breath, and Frost Breath all ignore resists over 150 on Live currently (after factoring in level difference). Sony gave those spells a maximum resist a couple of weeks prior to the first progression server launches according to Lucy history. All the raid bosses that use those spells are affected-- Telkorenar for example was hitting my level 90 monk with Lava breath. I parsed the hit rate of these spells and came up with estimates of ~150 effective resist value even when wearing more than that much.

Incidentally my 90 bard was resisting all Lava Breath and Frost Breath spells (Dragon Roar still hit) at any resist level (even naked) for whatever reason.

The resist system was modified substantially during Luclin, so perhaps this was their way to compensate for the more forgiving newer resist system, or compensate for other additions, or just because the dragons are too easy.