View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 09:16 AM
Drazel
Fire Beetle

Default World.exe and Database update issue

I finally solved all my other install problems and was very happy to be moving along when I got to a part of the install that was a bit confusing due to my lack of experience with the processes of setting up and maintaining a server.

So I read this:

d) Database Updates (Applying) on the wiki. I started world.exe and it stated that it couldn't connect to mysql, so I figured out that I had to change either the login.ini or eqemu_config.xml.

I am setting up for a private server and I followed the public and private set ups so I made sure to compile correctly and set up the original database build for a private server.

Because I got the mysql error I just went ahead and changed the login.ini and eqemu_config.xml for a private server setup and it made it so the world.exe saw mysql.

During the manual start of world.exe and selecting option 3 it started updating but gave me errors on some portions. When I selected three again, it gave me a couple more errors. Most of the update went with no errors. I was unable to copy the errors before losing them in the command prompt stream, is there a way to see what parts failed?

Is it normal to have errors when doing a manual start of world.exe after a fresh install of peq database?