View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 06:50 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

I'm not sure how to find these other than looking at packet collected logs, but I am almost certain world objects can be spawned as containers; aza77 did this ages ago in paradigma, making campfires that could be summoned and stored in your inventory with a spell effect (see the spells code in zone)

I looked up an old OLD OLD (but relevant) post on this;

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/sho...light=campfire

and then I looked at this command:

quest::CreateGroundObject(itemid, x, y, z, heading) which lets the quest script create ground objects in the zone like if they had been dropped.

now, make an item with a weapon model ID of IT78, spawn the campfire on the ground with quest::CreateGroundObject or even make it droppable and drop it yourself, and you have yourself a portable campfire. Now, objects can obviously be told to do a lot more than this; they can store items (see: tradeskill containers) act as doors (I think?) etc, and you could expand upon the quest command CreateGroundObject to even store the entry in objects and place it on the entitylist instantly rather than having to zone out for a door to take effect (meaning dynamic containers theoretically)

also, expand upon this and you could have people storing items in their temporary boxes you could place on the ground. i'll mess with the code when I have time, i'm personally intrigued by this :p