View Single Post
Old 09-25-2008, 09:48 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Fist make sure you install only the myodbc drivers from my site. 5.x drivers appear not to work - only 3.51 will work
next,

Try this - from a user's post some time ago -

Run-time error '339':
Component 'a.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

The test connection tool ran fine. It was something else. It took me a while but I finally figured it out and wanted to pass this info on. I'm not sure how many it will affect.

As far as I know, the second part of this will only affect those in Vista 64 Bit but the shortcut trick may work for those on Vista 32.

First, create a short cut to the file register_ocx.bat in the resource directory (from the zip you downloaded). In the shortcut to this bat file, edit the properties and select run as administrator. When you run the bat file, if it can't find the files, add the path to each ocx (as in the sample below).

For 64 bit:

c:\windows\syswow64 is actually where the 32 bit tools reside. There is a regsvr32 in system32 (which is 64bit) and a regsvr32 in syswow64 (which is 32 bit).

Edit the bat file so that it looks like this (or just create a new file):

Code:
c:\windows\syswow64\regsvr32 C:\Shared\eqemu\resources\a.ocx
c:\windows\syswow64\regsvr32 C:\Shared\eqemu\resources\DXAnimatedGIF.ocx
c:\windows\syswow64\regsvr32 C:\Shared\eqemu\resources\imagelist.ocx
c:\windows\syswow64\regsvr32 C:\Shared\eqemu\resources\TABCTL32.OCX
c:\windows\syswow64\regsvr32 C:\Shared\eqemu\resources\MSCOMCTL.OCX

echo all registeredI got rid of the /s at the end of the commands because that was making it run silently and I was not seeing the error codes.

Now run the shortcut. You should get a dialog after each ocx saying that the dll was successfully loaded. Now the tools will work.

If you are running vista 64 and are having problems accessing mysql via odbc, post a reply here and I will write up a fix for that.

Hope this helps someone,

loglos

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//