Thread: Submissions
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2008, 05:44 PM
trevius
Developer

Give the man a blue name! Share the load :P

No one has any obligations here (even though it might seem like it sometimes). We all appreciate anything that is done, but nothing is required. And if something feels like too much of a burden, then it could easily be put off until there is more time or until people feel like doing it. There are quite a few people around here with mod or admin status that don't do very much, but when they do have time, they help where they can. We all have RL stuff to deal with, so it is completely understandable when it gets in the way

If we could setup a separate SVN that would still update the downloads page like the current one does, then we could have a few more people helping to get the code updates in. I could definitely do some as long as you guys let me know how to do certain things the right way. I would leave any of the questionable ones for the pros, but I could easily add in the minor ones that are pretty straight forward and easy for me to understand like new quest commands and such. Mostly, the thing I would be concerned about is making sure I do the line endings thing right that KLS had mentioned a month or so ago. I think that Visual C++ automatically converts line endings, and if so, I shouldn't have to worry about that.

Both Derision and KLS do way more than we could ever ask of them. I just hope they don't get burned out from working too hard or putting too much time into it. If you guys ever need a break, just take one. The world won't stop

Thanks to everyone that helps out around here. This project wouldn't be where it is today without people like you.

Oh, and I can start adding line numbers, but my code normally has so much extra stuff in it that getting line numbers might not always be in the same spot as the official source. I guess it would be best if I got them directly from a separate unmodified source each time. I will try to do that in the future to speed things up and make them as painless as possible.