View Single Post
Old 01-20-2015, 04:49 PM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fault View Post
where can i debug (more debug then already can do) no mercs? #questerrors gives no errors, no errors in sourcing the sql in its all there in the database (manually confirmed this). no errors in any log any where, however i cant get the merc hire window to come up.
What version of source code are you running (what date on Github)? I would suggest using the latest source on Github, as I have removed the use of the merc view, which I think was causing the most issues when setting up mercs on a server. If you want to debug mercs, open the merc.h file and change the following line from 0 to 1:

Code:
#define MERC_DEBUG 0
Then compile your source again. That will cause merc debug info to be sent to all players. It can be pretty useful.

Pretty soon, I think that debug will be available to enable in-game without having to change anything in the source. The logging system is undergoing a massive revamp right now that I think should be done soon. Once it is ready, I will convert all of those client Message() debugs in the merc code into using the new logging system. You would then be able to chose what you want to be shown to GMs in game in real-time, which is pretty badass.

In the current source, it should be fairly simple to get mercs running. You just turn the AllowMercs rule on (true) and create an NPC of class 71 and set their NPC ID in the merc_merchant_entries table.