View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 10:26 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyotte View Post
Good points. When I contemplated a hybrid Antonica//Kunark//Velious server, one thing I considered was using the original class's and races, and extending them. Next re-normalize all zones from newbie to end. After all that...extend each expansion by adding numerous zones in various places that are customized. Think adding in the expansion that added Crescent Reach and the Drakkin. I waffled on whether to add them or not to, never did quite decide. Though they would be somewhat entertaining as the primary plot was to extend and more comprehensively finish off the Dragons Vs. Giants story line.
My server idea includes something like that, except rather than taking original Trilogy as base, I reuse its zones and build a completely different world map outlined with new/modified lore.

Quote:
Another add in would be to make deity really alter a characters progression. A dark elf cleric would not likely have all the same exact spells and ways of doing things as a high elf...
Another path that I also pursuing, putting those deity alignments into good use, because sadly LIVE never used them much for anything.
Consider Mage that follows Ro (Fire) vs Mage that follows Xegony (Air),
or for example I consider taking Necromancer template, and splitting it into 2 different classes - one thats follows Innoruk is a Necromancer that is master of undead, and another - following Bertoxulos, is a Defiler, that is master of Plague. Etc.

Quote:
Another cool thing was how Shards of Dalaya had actual mining!
Yeah I thought of this too, I figured it could be easily implemented using Rock pile model from new Tutorial zone, and client variables when trying to interact with it Foraging/gathering for all classes can be implemented the same way.