View Single Post
Old 07-30-2021, 05:11 PM
iseeyou
Fire Beetle

Default Nostalgia With Brother

Hi All,
I recently randomly looked up the kelethin soundtrack and it made me reminiscent of the time my brother and I played Everquest when we were children.

We were only allowed an hour a day on weekends each and only had one account to play on. We always wanted to play together but our family couldn't afford it. We were also playing on another friend's account.

We're much older now and I want to set up a server to play with my brother and advance through everquest classic (No Kunark or any other expansion) Basically be able to do what we wanted to do when we couldn't afford it.

A little background, I am in technology and run my own servers so I am familiar with technical jargon and the installation (hopefully). My question is, before I start the setup, will I be able to play original everquest with the original database? Is there one provided?

I'm talking no mods, no customizations, pure server with all the content for when I was 11 years old. We want to be able to experience what we missed out on. Quests, NPCs, Zones.. etc.

Thanks everyone and appreciate your responses!