View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 02:42 AM
trevius
Developer

That is some interesting information. Thanks for sharing, Nilbog!

I haven't done much testing on that, but I am certain I have seen that issue in a few places (specifically the evil eye for sure). Do you know if that is just an issue with the specific client that is Titanium? If the issue is purely client-side, then I would assume it would have been fixed at some point, so it may not exist in the newer SoF+ clients, though I would need to test to verify. If it isn't client specific, and doesn't happen on Live as well, then it seems like it could possibly be an unknown field in the spawn struct for toggling transparencies or something. Again, I haven't done any research on this, so I may be completely off, but I can definitely imagine a field like Helm Texture that is used for turning transparencies on or off. I recall seeing a post some time in the past year about setting models in newer clients to be all black, but I don't recall the details, though it sounds like it could be related. Let me see if I can find it.

Edit - Found it:
http://www.peqtgc.com/phpBB2/viewtop...ighlight=black

Not quite the same thing being referred to there, but it is still stuff that could possibly be related to unknowns in the spawn struct.