View Single Post
Old 08-27-2014, 08:48 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

You should really change this to use the eqstr_us.txt versions.
Code:
1154 I don't like to speak to %B3(12) much less sell to them!
1155 It's %B3(13) like you that are ruining the continent...get OUT!
1156 Isn't there some kind of ordinance against %B3(13) crawling out from under their rocks?
1157 %B3(13) like you don't have any place in my shop..now make way for welcome customers.
1158 I thought scumbag %B3(13) like you just stole whatever they need.  Now GET OUT!
1159 I don't have anything to do with %B3(13)..move along.
1160 I don't have anything to do with your little gang..move along.
1161 It's not enough that you %B3(12) have ruined your own land. Now get lost!
1162 I have something here that %B3(12) use..let me see...it's the EXIT, now get LOST!
1163 Don't you %B3(12) have your own merchants?  Whatever, I'm not selling anything to you!
1164 Members of your little "club" have ruined things around here..get lost!
1165 I don't have anything to do with your damned club..move along.
1166 Creatures like you make me sick..the things you do..get out of here Pagan!
1167 After all the things you've done..the things you believe in..leave my shop!
1168 Actions speak louder than beliefs, and I despise both your actions and all you believe in.
1169 Get out of here now!
1170 I am tolerant by nature..but infidels like you push me past my limit..get out!
1171 I cannot abide you or your actions against all that is right..BE GONE!
Look around the code for how this is used. It'll be MUCH easier to pull a deity/race/class name that way.

Also, you used rand() instead of our random system. I'd change that too. (MakeRandomInt(0, 4) for example)

Not that it matters if you're going to use the eqstr_us.txt version here, but, If you're going to use a string, may as well use it all the way and build the string as you go along as opposed to using these temporary buffers. I would c_str() it when it comes time to use it in a function that uses it instead of what you have set up right now. I know the code doesn't have this practice but it was made at a time string had performance issues. But, moreso for code cleanliness and readability, and a slight performance boost from a compiler standpoint as there's less messing with registers.

Regardless I'll see if I can get this cleaned up and put in the main branch soon. Thanks a ton!