View Single Post
Old 04-14-2018, 03:08 AM
Tegila
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomghost View Post
Truebox code is what TLP eq servers use.

I think the wrong forum is referencing it seems like what you want to do is bypass that code to play multiple toons on 1 computer on live... Because that's what people ask all the time for the tlp servers.

I am not really sure what you want? 1 computer using separate keyboards for each account, and 1 mouse for each or both? I do not think its what you're looking for.. and the only real use I could think of using it would be multiple PC's using 1kb and mouse but have you looked at Microsoft borderless mouse?
I don't play TOP, and I'm trying to modernize my emu server because I prefer the post-titanium era myself. So, not applicable. The reason I was asking is just as I said. I have played my eq on multiple computers for over a decade. I no longer have enough computers to do that, and I'm set in my ways lol, so I wanted to be able to emulate that for the 1 account I'm short a machine. I don't like alt tabbing, I like seeing them all at once except my neglected bard lol.

I wouldn't ask how to use 1 mouse/keyboard to run multiple machines, there are a billion options for that if it's what I wanted, but it's more the opposite of what I wanted. I play multiple accounts, so do most people I know on live, not trying to bypass anything except the cost of 1 more PC, as I'm broke right now.

As I said I think I found a solution just imperfect. I don't care too much about mice because I rarely touch any toon but my sk with my mouse once I'm in a camp, and I only operate 1 at a time. But I will be using mouse on sk while hitting hotkeys on rgr or druid, or hit hotkeys on rgr and druid at same time. So, once I stopped looking specifically for 2 keyboard solution, and remembered my G11 Gkeys, I realized any number of hotkey thingies could allow my Gkeys to act like my rgr hotkeys. I dont love the idea, but i know it is fully legal . Won't be gaining any advantage over anyone else in any way because it's completely possible to do same withaddition of 1 tower, if anything I'll be at a disadvantage because there are inherent delays, bugs, coding difficulties, and lack of flexibility (I'll be limited to 18 possible keypresses or combos without affecting how my sk plays, i.e. 1-0 - = mynearesttargetkey and 5 alt+#s for extra spell casts.)

I want nothing to do with automation or breaking server rules, he'll I want nothing to do with TLP lol, so was a bit confused by some of the comments. I started eq for the first time in 2007. I don't like the original game as I never played it unedited and can't really understand the draw because the old "You had to be there" kinda deal. I like how I've learned the game to be over the years from how it was when it was new to me and on, and boxing has never been an issue to anyone in that time anywhere I've played, but I just can't do it. My short-term memory wouldn't even let me try switching Windows back and forth lol. Maybe years ago, but not now. This old dog may learn new languages, but not new tricks involving memory or fine motor skills lol.

Anyway, until I can afford to build, or can get one of my old towers to work again, this will have to work. I haven't even tried playing yet (and it's not set up anyway) and I'm already having serious issues finding the right window to talk in sitting in GL going through my banks I lose track of active window lol.