View Single Post
Old 07-05-2018, 11:27 PM
Eealer
Fire Beetle

Default Remote Client Crashing

Hello all,

I am hosting a Server on a Windows 10 x64 VM, and it all seems to be working for the most part. One of the Minor issues being that if you create a character and try to connect to the world the client crashes, but once the client reloads you can get in with no issues.

The issue I am posting about today, unfortunately has no logs for backing it up. Basically what was happening, is that I was playing my EQ on the VM's host machine (VM has 16GB memory, Host has a total of 64GB) and a friend of mine was playing from outside of the local network. Everything seemed to be going fine, but then he suddenly crashed for no apparent reason. When he got the game to load up again we were able to play again for a bit but then it randomly crashed again within 20-30 minutes of connecting. We thought this was odd, but he tried to connect again. This time it kicked him out after his character had only moved a couple of feet.

The locations where he crashed: Once in Crescent Reach, just across the bridge to where the Bear Cubs and Puma Cubs are, while fighting 2 bears and a puma.

Once in Gloomingdeep (tutorialb) over by the ogre and troll scout while fighting a slave warden.

Once in Gloomingdeep at the initial spawn point (across from Aries in the camp)

As for the initial spawn point bit, Gloomingdeep makes us respawn at the starting point everytime a character logs into that zone
, so that's why he was there.

When I started looking at all the server windows, I noticed in the loginserver that it there was a couple of error complaints where the loginserver was complaining about bad allocation from client but I couldn't see anything else in any of the server windows that looked like an error.

Has anybody else had that issue? I noticed that the bad allocation error had been showing up for probably 1-2 hours worth of logs though.

Is there a fix for this error?

I will post the exact text from the loginserver next time it shows up, but for now, that is all that I have got. Please let me know if there is anything that I can provide that might help with troubleshooting this issue