Thread: EQExtractor2
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 05:45 PM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derision View Post
How would it be if I removed all the INSERT ID fields from the Extractor UI, so you didn't have to worry about them when generating the SQL, and could just go in afterwards
and set them as required, i.e. I would put a template at the start of the generated SQL like:

Code:
set @NPCTypesStartingInsertID = XXXXXXX
set @SpawnEntryStartingInsertID = XXXXXXX
-- Set the starting Insert IDs above and remove the exit statement below before executing this SQL
exit
<Generated Insert statements follow, referencing the variables defined above>
I.e. you would just have to press the Load .pcap button, select the .pcap file, alter the check boxes if you wanted, not have to worry about IDs at that point, and then just click 'Generate SQL'.
I prefer having the fields there, but a simple toggle box to toggle them enabled/disabled would work well. That way, people could toggle them off when collecting for PEQ or leave them on if collecting for their own DB. A simple toggle would make it nice and quick to generate one of each type of you wanted. I think it is nice to be able to see the actual range of numbers that the SQL is planning to use so it can be easily compared against the DB to make sure it will be ok.