View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 01:50 AM
knowom
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonstar55 View Post
I think he's talking about how he drags the tar file out and it complains, where he should just double click the tar again to get to the files.
This is the error message "Cannot copy file: Cannot read from the source file or disk."
Method 1: If you click on the files within the archives and try to drag and drop them into a folder two files will give that error peqbeta_2013-09-30-02_01.sql and source_views.sql gave.
Method 2: If you use the extract button in 7zip to extract the files to a folder instead of the drag and drop method it goes without a hitch and you don't get a error.

Basically method 1 drag and drop gives a error, but method 2 extract doesn't is all I was saying or does for me. I only pointed it out as it seemed like it was maybe corrupted or fragmented some how I'm pretty certain it's specific to just peqbeta_2013-09-30-02_01.tar the other tar archives worked like they should. I'm just saying if anyone comes across this problem with a archive try method 1 or method 2 if one or the other doesn't work and gives you a error message because if your lucky it might solve whatever the problem was it did for me in this case at least.

"sorvani" - I open stuff with 7zip all the time as well without problems. I think this was just a rare instance glitch. I got it to work regardless so all's well that ends well.