View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 06:19 PM
Apoc.Index
Sarnak

Default In Game perl commands

Hello everyone, so.. I am starting to re do all my quests in the Tutorial after the crash.

I dont know if I am useing the wrong command or not.

The starting zone is taka, in my eqemu quest's folder i added taka, then added the (DBnumber).pl file and wrote the quest in there.
after placing it in there I 'Saved As' (DBnumber).pl and selected save as type 'All Files'

After doing so, In game i typed #reloadpl to refresh the client/db quest file.

Is that the proper command? If so, I must have something goofy going on in the DB because the NPC will not respond.

Next idea would be is there something wrong with the script. Well, Here the script is.

sub EVENT_SAY
{
if ($text =~/Hail/i)
{
quest::say("Hello $name! Would you like me to set all your [Discs], or perhaps you are interested in learning all of your [spells]?");
quest::say ("Or maybe you are a [bard] in need of music lessons?"); #A conversation to Scribe ALL spells For Player (up to curr. level)
}
elsif($text=~/Discs/i)
{
quest::traindiscs(75, 1); #Trainsdiscs to the users CURRENT Level
}
elsif ($text =~/bard/i)
{
quest::say ("Yes, normally you would think of a bard as being an adept student of music. For some reason, these lands slow the music learning ability to such an extent that I am willing to use my magic to train their abilities. Are you [ready] to learn?");
}
elsif ($text =~/ready/i)
{
quest::say ("Listen closely as the essence of music fills your soul!");
quest::addskill(12,255);
quest::addskill(41,255);
quest::addskill(49,255);
quest::addskill(54,255);
quest::addskill(70,255);
}
elsif ($text =~/spells/i)
{
quest::say ("Good, stand where you are while I begin your lessons");
quest::scribespells(75 ,1);
}
}

I dont see anything flashing out at me as wrong, but a 2nd set of fresh eyes allways helps.

Thanks guys!

Apoc.