View Single Post
Old 02-15-2017, 06:00 PM
vkrr
Sarnak

Thanks for the feedback guys. I went through a love/hate kiss/kill period with bots.

I started by having mercs, then transitioned to bots, and now I'm leaning back toward mercs, or removing the assists all together. Either way, its one of those things I'll probably struggle with for quite a while still. We may see periods of botlessness in the future, but for now (at least until we get a reasonably stable population) I'll leave the bots in. If i get more feedback on removing bots, I will considering moving in that direction.

I think once I I finish my current checklist of 30 or so odds and ends, I'll take another look at the bots and maybe make them less comparable to players, to encourage grouping, before slowly phasing them out.

In regards to the equipped items on mobs, there are some items that show up, and some that don't. I think I'm okay with knowing which mobs have weapons equipped (at least right now) - but I'll very much consider making them hidden.

Thank you guys for all your awesome feedback!

(Now if I could figure out this spell damage issue...)

edit: after some consideration I've decided to set the bot limit to 1. I feel this is a good compromise for the time being.

edit edit: I think I should mention,ROF2 is the only officially supported client here, though you can probably work with sof/sod/hot/whatever - titanium wont work though