View Single Post
Old 02-05-2019, 04:35 PM
Dhrystone
Sarnak

That's cool about Ocean Green Village and Hills. I had seen them in the .eqg files and planned to look into them.

The plan that's taking shape in my mind is connecting all the revamped zones ("old" or new) into a version of Antonica, and connect that to the Serpent Spines new zones (moors, etc). Such that all outdoor zones are consistently new style graphcs, but allow cities and dungeons to be old style where there's no alternative (Neriak, Oggok, Grobb, and so on)

But repopulate all these zones away from the classic towards a different concept. Repurpose all the zones in a new progression 1-50.

But do it with a classic feel - about the journey not the destination - no handholding, no instancing, slow progression; but allow most of the quality of life features of the ROF2 client.

And do it on the cheap - keep freeport the same, use all existing spells, crafting and items from PEQ, such that the bog standard ROF2 client will work with it - no "patcher" etc. But repopulate all the non-starter city zones.

I don't have abundant time to devote to this, but I'd like to play it!

Already thinking of a story line to make all this explicable and meaningful.

Something about an Erudite experiment going wrong...and altering the world.