View Single Post
Old 12-30-2020, 05:20 PM
rockyraccoon599
Fire Beetle

Thank you so much for your amazing tools! I'm using this converter for a project to implement Maestrobob's awe32 mp3 transfers in the trilogy era zones instead of the default windows midi or other soundfont workarounds.

Rivervale was where I started. As far as I know, there's only one song and it plays throughout the whole zone. Looking into the rivervale.emt, I didn't see any reference to rivervale.xmi. Next, I compared your documentation to the raw rivervale_sounds.eff and found a reference to background music at index 0 of the xmi. So, I studied Eff2EmtConverter.cs and found why this song was left out after the conversion. On line 481 and 489 the sound file name is generated based on the index type. A PoP mp3 song if <0, empty if 0, xmi if >0.
Code:
_soundFile1 = (_effEntry.SoundID1 < 0) ? SoundFileNumber(_effEntry.SoundID1) : (_effEntry.SoundID1 == 0) ? "" : ZoneNick + ".xmi";
For my purpose, I included 0 in the xmi range and converted again. The missing reference appeared! I don't know if this is just a bug or a conflicting edge case, but I'm happy to continue with my music project for now.