View Single Post
Old 04-02-2023, 06:08 PM
Sandysham
Fire Beetle

Hi Secrets. I remember you from the Classless server and have been a fan. I was a former player in your classless server. However, I have several questions about this new approach:

1. I don't really understnd the mechanics of reincarnation, and I read what you wrote on discord. Can I use the spells from multi classes either normally or upon reincarnating simultaneously without having to switch classes? This would be a big deal. If we have to switch classes, reincarnating to other classes doesn't sound like such as good deal anymore. I also read on discord that we wipe all spells etc. and should have three slots filled.,which I don't understand. so, Please explain how reincarnation works and why we would want to wipe everything. Would we be better off waiting passed level 30?
2. Unlike that of the classless server, one thing I hated was that buffs had to stay on the buff bar in order to keep the buff. Did you get rid of this?.
3. What solo oriented features , especially for lower levels, have you implemented to make the game more accessable such as easier mobs or buff bots etc..
4. Will you implement more teleporters either in POK or in guild halls or through some other means. I really hate running over hill and dale, wasting a lot of time to get somewhere.
5. Will mercenaries echo that found in live servers? I really loved the mercenaries on live servers. I read where you said that alt classes will be our mercenaries. Will they function automatically without much input by us as with the normal eq mercenaries found in a live or test server.
6. Will all items be tradable? I wish they did this on all live servers beyond FV.
7. Will there be a tutorial area or will be all be starting in our home city? This will make a differences as to what races we pick if we start in our home city instead of say Crescent reach and/or the mines. I did see something about Purgatory,which seems like it is akin to POK and bazaar. What is this?
8. What experience rates will there be compared to the live servers?
9. Will you have events and bonus exp days/weekends/holidays? Will there be experience potions that we can either find, earn or even buy. I wouldn't mind a marketplace that could help you with this server. I wouldn't mind buying things to help you if I got something decent to help me. Obviously I don't want an overpowered pay to win server however.
10. I don't see any web site where we can get the client. Will you have instructions on downloading the correct client for installation? Just FYI: the website shown when I click to view your server doesn't work!!
11. Will you integrate any maps into the dlient so we don't need to download a map program especially since you have some new unique zones.

I should say that I am excited about what you are doing. I can't wait to see the result. I think you had the right idea on your classless server ,but you failed, in my opinion, to implement it correctly.